About WSET Spirits level two
Throughout the course, you’ll develop analytical tasting skills while exploring the use of spirits in cocktails.
The knowledge gained on this course will be a significant advantage to anyone working with spirits in both the on- and off-trade, and the course is also perfect for spirits enthusiasts wanting to learn more about the product behind the brand.
The course will cover:
- Spirits production methods and how they affect style and quality
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- The major global spirits brands
- Tutored tastings of around 40 spirits and liqueurs (classroom courses only)
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Throughout the course you’ll become a more confident spirits taster under the guidance of our expert educators, learning how to use a globally-recognised approach to tasting to analyse the appearance, nose, palate and quality level of a range of styles.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to identify a how key raw ingredients and production methods influence the style and quality of the key spirits and liqueurs of the world. If you work with spirits, you'll be able to confidently provide guidance on the use and service of spirits and make informed recommendations to customers when selecting spirits and liqueurs to meet their taste and price requirements.
The Level 2 Award in Spirits examination consists of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 60 minutes/one hour.
- Pass: 55% - 69%
- Pass with Merit: 70% - 84%
- Pass with Distinction: 85% and above
All students who pass the examination will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
This qualification is Ofqual regulated.
No prior knowledge is required and you don't need to complete any other qualification to enrol. If you are completely new to the world of spirits, you may wish to study the Level 1 Award in Spirits first, but this is not essential.
All our classes are delivered in English therefore a good level of English is beneficial.
You must be at least 18 years old to enrol on any of our courses.
Share this Course: