Coffee lovers around the world can’t get enough of the rich, concentrated flavour of espresso. This beloved drink is a staple in cafes and homes alike, providing a quick and satisfying pick-me-up. It also forms the base of many other favourite coffee drinks. But how exactly do you make the perfect espresso shot? Whether you’re a seasoned espresso aficionado or a newcomer to the world of coffee, this post will provide you with everything you need to know.
Mikhael’s Top Espresso Tips:
- Use fresh roasted mischu coffee beans, preferably less than 6 months old when packaged in a one way valve bag.
- If you don’t have an on demand grinder, weigh individual coffee portions according to the coffee roaster and espresso machine supplier’s recommendations.
- Grind the full portion of coffee beans, distribute the coffee evenly in the basket, tamp it firmly then use immediately.
- Flush the espresso machine’s group head, insert the portafilter and hit the extraction button straightaway to prevent burning the ground coffee.
- Extract the espresso to the correct volume and time according to the coffee roster’s recommendation.
- Backwash your espresso machine as soon as possible.